October 29, 2019
What Fruits Can Dogs Eat? - Here Are Just A Few
You drop a raspberry on the floor and suddenly your in panic. “Can my dog eat this?” “Shoot don’t let the dog grab it.” But you can relax, raspberries are one of the many fruits dogs can eat. We compiled a short list of some of our favorite fruits to feed dogs. Just remember, just like humans, everything on this list should be eaten in moderation. Consult your vet before feeding anything to your pet and make sure to ask them for proper proportion sizes.
- Raspberries contain antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Strawberries are a great source of fiber and vitamin C. They also contain an enzyme that helps whiten teeth while your dog eats them.
- Pineapple is a delicious treat for pups. Just remember to remove the core and outer spiky peel first (duh).
- Oranges are fine for dogs but they may not love the strong citrus scent. Toss the peel and any seeds before serving to your pup.
- Mango is packed with great vitamins, including vitamins A, C & E. The fruit is also high in sugar, so don’t feed your furry friend too much.
- Bananas are another dog friendly fruit that is high in sugar, so it's best to dole out in small amounts.